Restored Greenhouse Interior
Lyndhurst Main House
Project name, city, state
The Visitor's Center
This county house, designed by Alexander Jackson Davis in 1839 and enlarged by him 30 years later, is considered the premier Gothic-Revival house in the United States and is now a National His­toric Landmark owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Stephen Tilly is the consulting architect for ongoing projects on the site, including a complete overhaul of mansion infrastructure, stabilization of the greenhouse, conversion of the former garage into a visitor's center housing exhibits and gift shop, conversion of the Carriage House into a lunch spot and catering facility, and restoration of the Bowling Alley, an early 20th century shingle-style recreational pavilion.
[Back to Preservation Portfolio]
Selected Portfolio